Jr. Manager for Technical Operation -Amsterdam
We are currently looking for a Jr. Manager, Technical Operations, for our Crystal River Cruises office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The Junior Manager Technical Operations ensures that the Crystal Fleet’s Deck and Engine repair, maintenance, capital expenditure/refurbishment, preventive maintenance, equipment replacement and engineering operating policies, procedures and purchasing practices are in full compliance with the SMS. In coordination with his/her team and the Director of Marine Operations he/she develops and maintains all guidance relating to technical matters and technical ship’s personnel including guidance and oversight of all issues related to the AMOS system and the Buyer, Marine.
• Attends ships as required to maintain an in-depth knowledge of their material condition, level of training on board, and provide recommendations to supervisor and CCM on the senior officer succession plan for the technical departments.
• Reviews all ship reports to monitor operating condition and efficiency and ensure timely and appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Proactively follows up and manages the progress of own and ships’ related Report Tasks to ensure they are moved forward.
• Reviews all ship logs/records including; deck maintenance, engine, machinery and waste management logs to ensure: compliance with rules, regulations and that company policies and procedures are being followed in terms of equipment maintenance and inspections and environmental practices.
• Inspects ship’s deck and engine planned maintenance programs and machinery histories. Makes recommendations for improvements in maintenance cycles; in coordination with team develops equipment change-out plans.
• Conducts yearly performance evaluations, training, and performance counseling/coaching of his/her direct reports as required.
• Recommends suitable continuing education/training courses for technical personnel. Recommends changes in training program when deemed appropriate.
• Provide input to the technical department promotion, hiring, accession and succession planning process.
• In cooperation with the AMOS System Administrator and Technical team members, oversees management of ship deck and engine inventory and purchasing system and training of o/b staff personnel in use of the system. Controls system nomenclature to ensure process/data integrity and consistency. On monthly basis reviews expenses to determine ship’s adherence to budget, and possible required modifications to ship’s deck and engine budgets.
• In coordination with the shipboard management team, develops, monitors and manages budgets for ship fuel and deck and engine department maintenance; ensures compliance with submission guidelines, identifies spend trends that may affect the budget forecast and advises/recommends/justifies forecast recommendations.
Reports Directly to Director Marine Operations, Crystal River Cruises (DMO) and the Manager Technical Operations
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Marine, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Naval Architecture Master’s level preferred, a valid Engineer’s License with 4 years’ experience can be also considered.
• Two plus years of experience in Cruise/Yachting Industry and River experience is preferred.
• AMOS or similar PMS maintenance proficiency is preferred.
• Familiarity with inland ship regulations and rules.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to maintain agreed project deadlines and budgets.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to interact with shipboard and shoreside management, employees, shipyards and sub-contractors.
• Highly proficient in the use of computer business applications, internet technology and project planning and management tools.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex technical, inter-personal and commercial issues.
• Fluent in English verbal/written, German language preferred.
Location- Amsterdam, Netherlands. Applicants from EU/EEA countries only.
Starting date, according to agreement. If you are interested and want to send your CV or have more questions please contact Hr. Manager