Crystal Cruises Manning will coordinate and assist with all required joining arrangements prior to your departure such as Seaman’s Book, Yellow Fever vaccination, Medical Examination and Visa.
Crystal Cruises Manning will advise you if a travel visa is required.
In order to submit your C1/D Application you need to pay a fee to proceed. However, you will be reimbursed for the total Visa fee amount while onboard. Please bring all original receipts with you for reimbursement. CCM do not cover transport to/from the embassy.
Make sure to inform CCM that you are scheduled for an interview at the embassy, as CCM will issue a Letter of Employment to support the application. Kindly check that your name is correctly spelled on the Letter of Employment submitted. If there are any discrepancies, notify us at your earliest convenience. You need to bring with you your passport and the Letter of Employment for the interview at the US Embassy.
Guidelines for C1D Visa process:
Please apply online https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/
- Choose the “Nonimmigrant option” and the option “DS-160 Online non immigration visa application”
- Use drop down menu to select your country and city where you will apply for the Visa and “Start an application”
- Choose a security question- Click continue
- Application information– here you get your Application ID -please remember the number
- Travel Information- Purpose of Trip to the U.S- Choose option “Alien in Transit” and “Crewmember in Transit (C1/D)”
- Intended Date of Arrival- See U.S Visa letter received per e-mail
- Intended Length of Stay in U.S- 2 Day(s)
- Address Where You Will Stay in the U.S- 1501 Biscayne Blvd #501, Miami, FL 33132, USA
- Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip- Present Employer
- In transit address in U.S- 1501 Biscayne Blvd #501, Miami, FL 33132, USA
- IMO number for your assigned ship- Please see Letter of Employment received per e-mail
- When done print the Application
- Schedule Your Visa appointment on your created account
- You need Passport number, CGI reference number from your visa fee receipt
- Ten digits bar code number from your DS-160 application form
Visit the US embassy on your scheduled time and date, bring passport, supporting US Visa letter received from Crystal Cruises Manning. Some embassies require extra documents please make sure to check what your chosen embassy require.
After Visa approval, your passport with your new C1/D Visa will be sent to given home address.
A Seaman’s Book is a continuous record of a seaman’s service. It is not required by Crystal to obtain a Seaman’s book prior joining however if you already have a National Seaman’s Book or a Seaman’s Book from another company please make sure to bring it with you onboard.
It is mandatory for all new crew to obtain a Medical Examination test prior to joining. In order to work onboard, you need to be declared fit for duty.
Crystal Cruises Manning will provide you with a Crystal Medical Examination form, which you need to bring with you to the doctor. Candidates with previous ship experience often have a medical that is still valid, however, since Crystal Cruises has its own medical examination form, a new new examination needs to be conducted.
Note that drug testing is a mandatory part of the Crystal Medical Examination.
Vaccinations as Yellow Fever, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Rubella, Measles and Mumps immunity verification is required for all crew.
Crystal Cruises will reimburse you for the Medical Examination test. Please bring all original receipts with you for reimbursement.
In order to try and minimize the spread of illness among guest and crew, all joining crew will be vaccinated for influenza upon boarding a Crystal Cruises ship.
The vaccination is free of charge and all crew are required to be vaccinated onboard, unless they have a valid medical reason duly documented from a doctor.
If you were vaccinated before joining your Crystal Cruises ship, please bring proof of vaccination with you.
Note that you will not be reimbursed for an influenza vaccination that you took prior to joining.