Celebrating 28 years of excellence, Crystal Cruises is the World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line, having earned “World’s Best Cruise Ship” in Condé Nast Traveler’s Reader Choice Awards for 24 years; been voted “World’s Best Large Ship Cruise Line” by Travel + Leisure readers for 20 years; and the “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by travel professional organization Virtuoso for three consecutive years (2014, 2015 & 2016). The readers of Travel + Leisure also voted Crystal River Cruises the “World’s Best River Cruise Line”. Crystal is proud to be a platinum partner of the professionals of ASTA. Crystal Mozart, our first river ship, launched July 2016 and has already been named “Best New River Ship” by the editors of, both, the U.S. and U.K. editions of Cruise Critic. In 2017, we have expanded with two (2) new river ships in Europe, Crystal Bach (launched August 2017) and Crystal Mahler (launched September 2017) and with another two (2) ships in 2018, the Crystal Debussy (launched May 2018) and Crystal Ravel (launched July 2018).
We are currently looking for a Manager, Technical Operations, for our Crystal River Cruises office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The Manager Technical Operations ensures that the Crystal Fleet’s Deck and Engine repair, maintenance, capital expenditure/refurbishment, preventive maintenance, equipment replacement and engineering operating policies, procedures and purchasing practices are in full compliance with the SMS. In coordination with his/her team and the Director of Marine Operations he/she develops and maintains all guidance relating to technical matters and technical ship’s personnel including guidance and oversight of all issues related to the AMOS system and the Buyer, Marine.
• Attends ships as required to maintain an in-depth knowledge of their material condition, level of training on board, and provide recommendations to supervisor and CCM on the senior officer succession plan for the technical departments.
• Reviews all ship reports to monitor operating condition and efficiency and ensure timely and appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Proactively follows up and manages the progress of own and ships’ related Report Tasks to ensure they are moved forward.
• Reviews all ship logs/records including; deck maintenance, engine, machinery and waste management logs to ensure: compliance with rules, regulations and that company policies and procedures are being followed in terms of equipment maintenance and inspections and environmental practices.
• Inspects ship’s deck and engine planned maintenance programs and machinery histories. Makes recommendations for improvements in maintenance cycles; in coordination with team develops equipment change-out plans.
• Conducts yearly performance evaluations, training, and performance counseling/coaching of his/her direct reports as required.
• Recommends suitable continuing education/training courses for technical personnel. Recommends changes in training program when deemed appropriate.
• Provide input to the technical department promotion, hiring, accession and succession planning process.
• In cooperation with the AMOS System Administrator and Technical team members, oversees management of ship deck and engine inventory and purchasing system and training of o/b staff personnel in use of the system. Controls system nomenclature to ensure process/data integrity and consistency. On monthly basis reviews expenses to determine ship’s adherence to budget, and
possible required modifications to ship’s deck and engine budgets.
• In coordination with the shipboard management team, develops, monitors and manages budgets for ship fuel and deck and engine department maintenance;
ensures compliance with submission guidelines, identifies spend trends that may affect the budget forecast and advises/recommends/justifies forecast recommendations.
Reports Directly to Director Marine Operations, Crystal River Cruises (DMO)
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Marine, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering orNaval Architecture Master’s level preferred, a valid Engineer’s License with 4 years’ experience can be also considered.
• Two plus years of experience in the river industry.
• AMOS proficiency preferred.
• Familiarity with ship regulations and rules.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to maintain agreed project deadlines and budgets.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to interact with shipboard and shoreside management, employees, shipyards and subcontractors.
• Highly proficient in the use of computer business applications, internet technology and project planning and management tools.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex technical, inter-personal and commercial issues.
• Fluent in English verbal/written, German language preferred.
Location- Amsterdam, Netherlands. Applicants from EU/EEA countries only.
Starting date, according to agreement.
If this is of interest and you have the above qualifications, please send your motivation letter and CV to MGeschiere@crystalcruises.com, no later than March 1, 2019.
Please contact Mireille Jesterhoudt-Geschiere, HR Manager of Crystal River Cruises using e-mail (MGeschiere@crystalcruises.com) if you have questions regarding this position.