Celebrating 28 years of excellence, Crystal Cruises is the World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line, having earned “World’s Best Cruise Ship” in Condé Nast Traveler’s Reader Choice Awards for 24 years; been voted “World’s Best Large Ship Cruise Line” by Travel + Leisure readers for 20 years; and the “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by travel professional organization Virtuoso for three consecutive years (2014, 2015 & 2016). The readers of Travel + Leisure also voted Crystal River Cruises the “World’s Best River Cruise Line”. Crystal Mozart, our first river ship, launched July 2016 and has already been named “Best New River Ship” by the editors of, both, the U.S. and U.K. editions of Cruise Critic. In 2017, we have expanded with two (2) new river ships in Europe, Crystal Bach (launched August 2017) and Crystal Mahler (launched September 2017) and with another two (2) ships in 2018, the Crystal Debussy (launched May 2018) and Crystal Ravel (launched July 2018).
We are currently looking for a Port Operations Manager, for our Crystal River Cruises office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The Port Operations Manager ensures that all reservations for all ships are forwarded to the ports in timely manner, payments are submitted on time, and port services are coordinated with the ship and port.
• Send out the reservation and port service requests to the ports well in advance of booking dates.
• Strive to reserve the best and most exclusive docking locations for Crystal’s vessels.
• Send out schedule changes as required and follow-up with the ports.
• Constantly follow-up on the requests and double-check that all the dates are confirmed.
• Keep communication with the captains and destination team to anticipate low or high water situations requiring port and schedule changes.
• Always keep a positive and friendly attitude with all ports and contacts.
• Visit the ports personally if needed and if it would help for a good relationship.
• Update the Port Information Sheet regularly and send out to ships at the beginning of the season and whenever changes are made or the ships call at a new port.
• Enter confirmed status and pier name into the MXP so it is visible for everyone also on the OSS.
• Enter all short-term itinerary changes into MXP as soon as they are approved.
• In case of problems in ports, check on alternatives and inform the River Itinerary Team immediately.
• Keep in contact with the shore excursion team to know their preferences and inform them about docking issues.
• Send out invoicing details to new ports. All information that is needed by Accounts and River AP needs to be given to the ports prior to invoicing.
• When invoices are received check all details with the relevant correspondence and the schedule and ensure on time payment.
• Ensure completed New Vendor Request Forms are sent to be added in the system.
• Code all the items on the invoices and send them for processing to River AP in a timely manner.
• Enter all the vendors, invoices, and items into MXP.
• Supply the pier information for the operations team so services can be correctly coordinated.
• Along with the Director, Marine Operations, develop port budget yearly.
Reports Directly to Director Marine Operations, Crystal River Cruises (DMO)
• Previous experience in same or similar position preferred.
• Financial analytical experience required.
• Experience and knowledge of river Port/Pontoon operations required.
• Knowledge of Marine Operations preferred.
• Must be fluent in written and spoken German and English (French beneficial).
• Strong knowledge of the European River regulations, existing contacts with port authorities is beneficial.
• Must have very good communication skills verbal and written;
• Flexibility during deviations.
• Must have very good administrative skills (proficient Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Knowledge of MXP is strongly preferred.
• Must be able to remain calm under pressure during deviations.
• Must possess the ability to interact with all levels of people.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail.
• Needs to have outgoing personality and has to possess a positive attitude, maintaining a friendly and approachable demeanor while remaining firm and discrete at all times.
Location- Amsterdam, Netherlands. Applicants from EU/EEA countries only. Starting date, according to agreement.
If this is of interest and you have the above qualifications, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com, no later than January 14, 2019.
Please contact Mireille Jesterhoudt-Geschiere, HR Manager of Crystal River Cruises using e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions regarding this position.